There are many reasons to get a your roof cleaned. We have listed five important ones below.
1) Restore the beauty of your home. A dirty roof detracts from your home’s curb appeal. You clean your siding, porches, and walkways. You may even apply weed control and fertilizers to spruce up your lawn and garden. But if you ignore those ugly roof stains, no matter what else you do to improve your home’s exterior, those stains will be the main focal point that you, your friends, neighbors and visitors will see. Also, if you are hoping to sell your house, roof cleaning is a must!
2) Stop the damage that roof staining organisms are doing to your roof. These organisms, specifically algae, lichens, and moss are feeding off the organic material in your shingles. In other words, your shingles are their food source. The longer they are allowed to stay and feast off your shingles, the more damage they will cause. It’s important to schedule your roof cleaning as soon as you notice staining to stop the ongoing damage these organisms are doing to your shingles.
3) Having your roof cleaned by professionals is the cost saving alternative to premature re-roofing. There is absolutely no need to prematurely re-roof when your roof can look like new again for a fraction of replacement costs.
4) A roof covered with algae creates a situation where the granules on your shingles are no longer able to efficiently reflect sunlight. The algae covered shingles absorb heat, rather than reflecting it, thereby super-heating your attic and increasing your cooling costs. Our Service safely, gently, and completely removes the staining, restoring your roof back to its natural health and efficiency.
5) The effects of roof algae, lichens and moss can actually attract animals to your home, and ultimately into your attic. The integrity of your shingles and your roof can be compromised by these organisms. Algae, lichens and moss can penetrate the shingles allowing moisture to get into the sheathing. This moisture can cause wood to rot. The odor of rotting wood attracts animals.